- Radiation Protection
Modern radiation protection in industry, research and medicine is becoming more and more demanding. This makes it all the more important to have a partner with extensive experience in the individual planning, production and assembly of radiation-protection projects. We manufacture radiation-protection cabinets for the most diverse applications and size classes: From classic X-ray booths in medicine to large X-ray cabins in industry. We thereby plan the measures in strict accordance with the individual requirements. The intended purpose, type of radiation, radiation intensity and characteristics of the installation site determine the optimal design of the radiation-protection cabinets. Our range of tasks also includes the integration of optimal access options through sliding and revolving doors.
“”THE FACT THAT WE CARRY OUT THE COMPLETE PRODUCTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL ELEMENTS ON OUR OWN PREMISES MEANS THAT WE CAN REDUCE THE ASSEMBLY TIME ON SITE TO A MINIMUM.””
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Felix Wentz
Overview of services
- Design, planning, structural analysis, manufacture and assembly of modern radiation-protection cabins, radiation-protection bunkers, radiation-protection doors, radiation-protection gates and lead shielding
- Manufacture of lead-based radiation-protection elements: Manufacture of steel-lead-steel sandwich constructions with attachment to a steel supporting structure
- Manufacture of reinforced concrete-based radiation-protection elements: Manufacture of wall and ceiling elements from steel edged parts with subsequent filling with special concrete
- Conversion work in existing facilities
- Subsequent lead treatment of walls, ceilings & floors
- Maintenance, inspection and repair work
- Industrial applications: Determination of material properties, material testing
- Medical applications: X-ray booths in hospitals and surgeries as well as medical research facilities
- Research applications: Material testing in research institutes and universities
- Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
- Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd. & Co. KG
- NTC Technologies
- Volkswagen AG
- Klinikum Offenbach
- Baumert Technologies
- RTD Röntgen Technischer Dienst GmbH
- mtl Werkstoffprüfung GmbH
- GNH Kassel
- KIT Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
- Thales Group Frankreich
There are many reasons why you should realise your project with us.
Experience & precision throughout the entire chain of production
With Stahl-Projektbau WENTZ, you benefit from concentrated expertise in all aspects of steel construction for research & industry – all from a single source. With our own in-house facilities, we are able to offer you all the services you need for your project: from design, through planning and structural analysis, and on to production and assembly.
Design office with statics expertise
In our technical office with two engineers and three designers, we develop the suitable solution for your requirements. Our cross-sectoral expertise and experience gained from countless projects enable us to develop a powerful solution for you, thereby taking your budget specifications into account. The structural analyses are also created in-house by us. Furthermore, the realisation of complex constructions in difficult-to-access areas under challenging conditions is one of our special fields of expertise.
Processing in accordance with DIN EN 1090-2 EXC 3
We work in accordance with the highest national and international standards. This includes, amongst other things, processing in accordance with DIN EN 1090-2 execution class EXC 3. In addition to the use of modern machines and equipment for steel processing, the utilisation of the latest 2D and 3D planning software is also part of our daily business.